Quite proud of these because they worked out REALLY well (tasty too, according to my taste tester [pictured]). So easy and cheap to make…. I might start adding fruit and dipping them in chocolate just to make them eeeeeven more fan-dabby-dozy than they already are.
- 3 oz margarine
- 2oz sugar
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 4oz self-raising flour
- 4oz rolled oats
- milk to mix
- Cream the margarine, sugar, almond essence and syrup
- sift the flour and add the creamed ingredients with rolled oats
- Mix thoroughly then add just enough milk to make the mixture bind together.
- Roll out into 15 – 16 balls (i was being awkward and had bout a new pan so i made 8 large ones… the little hand is Master Ns) and put on to greased baking trays, allowing room to spread.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown at 180C/ 350F/ Gas Mark 4
- leave to cool on trays then remove