This is a great old fall back meal. Something the kiddies and I are always ready to eat and once in a while weeeell… it doesnt hurt.
- Pork belly 500g (aldithis week £1.99 BARGAIN!)
- 1 tin baked beans (points ration so not usually quaffed back lightly)
- 1 onion roughly chopped (I used a couple of small leeks and it worked out fine)
- oil/ butter/ margarine for lightly sealing the pork
- stock (i used a chicken stock cube in a very little amount of water)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Very simple and easy…first fry/ seal the pork in a little fat (i used marg) until firm (and usually paler in colour)
- Remove the pork and fry the onion until nicely browned
- add the pork back in and the stock in a little bit of water
- Add the beans (we use a while tine but thats up to how much you do or dont like beans)
- let the beans/ pork mix warm through then season to taste.
- Eat while hot… although…. the next day I looooove this cold or even as a topping to my lunch time hot potato.
We loooved this and at it accompanied by our usual mashed potato and some green veg (any excuse to get in some green!)