- about 4 good sized apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (any but used the red apples I bought this week)
- 2 medium-sized onions, thinly sliced
- an 8 pack of sausages, half cooked and cut into chunks
- 1lb (500g) liver, thickly sliced (I used pigs liver because it was cheap but lambs would have been tastier… personal preference/ cost)
- half a dozen tomatoes tomatoes, coarsely chopped (loving the vine tomatoes available at the moment)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup stock (i usually use chicken… this stock I made myself)
- a cheap cheap packet of bacon bits (or any bacon sliced)
- Heat the oven to 180°C (350°F) GM4
- Put about one-third of the apple and onion slices on the bottom of a casserole/ Pyrex dish
- Cover with half the drained liver slices, then half the tomatoes with their liquid.
- Repeat the layers and finish with the rest of the apple and onion slices. Pour in the stock and place the bacon and sausages on top. (obviously this is just how Ive done it…. but theres not reason why you cant pop everything in a pot/ dish together.)
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours.