We had quite a bit of Rabbit stew remaining from the other week (cooled sealed and frozen) so this week we decided to pie up the left overs. We simply topped the stew with a pastry lid and cooked it on Gas Mark 5 for about 35 minutes.
- Pastry, shop bought or home made [try our low fat pastry]
- rabbit (about 2 back)
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery
- 1 stock cube
- pepper to taste
- Add the diced rabbit, chopped onion, chopped carrots, chooped celery, stock cube and pepper to taste to a stock pot (we have an awesome dutch oven)
- Add just enough water (liquid) to cover the meat
- Cover and cook in the oven on Gas Mark 4 – 5 for 1 hour then remove the lid and stir
- Put back in the oven for another 30 minutes then serve hot and with a side of gorgeous green veg, why not try some seasonal peas and cauliflower.