Otherwise known as – beef wrapped in bacon cooked in and served with an onion gravy. The kids loved the idea of unwrapping the little meaty parcels.
- 400g beef, diced
- 1 medium onion, sliced or diced
- stock cube
- herbs… I used a pinch of sage and a pinch of thyme
- gravy browning
- Fry the bacon until almost cooked, remove from pan (leaving the juices in) and set aside
- Add a tiny bit of water and the diced onion
- Add a stock cube and the herbs and fry the onion until soft
- Remove the onion from the liquid with a slotted spoon and set aside
- Add the beef to the pan and cook until brown, you may need to add a little extra water at this point to make sure there’s enough liquid to just cover the base of the pan.
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3
- Add a little gravy browning to thicken the liquid
- Remove the beef from the thickened gravy and pour the gravy into an oven proof dish
- Add the onions to the gravy and stir in
- wrap each piece of beef in a strip of bacon and put a tooth pick through it… to hold it all in place
- Cover with foil and put into the oven… cook for as long as it takes to boil some potatoes and veggies.
- Serve hot with the onion gravy (the gravy and onions that the meat was cooked in)