- 4oz margarine
- 4oz plain flour
- 1oz sugar
- 1dsp milk
- 1/4 vanilla essence
- Cream margarine and sugar, then add other ingredients and stir in well.
- Pipe circles into paper cases, leaving a hole in the centre.
- Makes about 9 tartlets
- Be careful not to add more liquid as the mixture wont hold together in the oven and you’ll get a small cake…. what you want is a stiff mixture so the ‘nests’ hold up while in the oven.
- Put into the oven at Gas mark 5 for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, dredge in icing sugar and put a dot of jam in the centre