Now… I think the overall trick to making chocolate yourself is not letting the kids near it for 24 hours. I had twice as much, but the kids wanted a taste … so after i scooped out the soft chocolate for them…… the rest slid into place and settled…. THE MORAL OF THIS STORY IS…… Firstly that this recipe really needs to be left over night in the fridge to set…..and secondly don’t let the kids near it until its done!…. and on a minor note, the raisins from our weigh and save seem to be really good and synchronised swimming, and have nicely arranged themselves at one end of the tray even though they were evenly distributed.
- 2 tablespoons cocoa or grated chocolate (I used 2tbsp of 49p hot chocolate… cheap and cheerful)
- 2oz raisins/ sultanas
- 4oz margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2tbsp milk (may need a little more)
- Mix the cocoa/ chocolate and sultanas together and set aside.
- Heat the margarine, sugar and milk in a saucepan, pour into a greased sandwich tin and leave to cool. (preferably over night)
- Cut into pieces and its ready to eat.