- 12oz self-raising flour
- 2oz sugar
- 5-6oz chopped suet
- A good pinch of salt
- 4oz raisins
- Cold water
- Sieve the flour, salt, sugar into a bowl and stir in the suet and raisins
- Adding the cold water slowly mix into a soft dough
- Grease a pudding basin with butter and spoon the mixture into the basin. Cover with a piece of folded greaseproof paper.
- Tie around the edge with string to secure the paper and place a damp tea towel over the top. Tie once more with string to secure the tea towel
- Place the basin into a large lidded saucepan and fill the pan two-thirds of the way up with water.
- Cover with the lid, bring to a boil and simmer for 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Serve with Custard or….. some clotted cream 😀