There it is…MrC’s GORGEOUS GOULASH! In all its glory. We enjoyed this with beef, but really it could have easy been enjoyed with out any meat at all. Pork would make a great substitute if you became a little tired of beef. Still, beef and all even the kids loved this warm, hearty meal. SUCCESS!
- 400g lean beef, cubed
- 12oz potatoes, cubed
- 2tsp seasoned flour
- 1tsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (we used 2)
- 1tsp paprika
- 200g can chopped tomatoes or fresh tomatoes (which is what we used as they’re off ration and tins require points)
- 150ml/1/4 pint beef stock
- Vegetables of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas mark 4.
- Toss the steak in the seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole dish, add the steak and fry for 2-3 mins until browned all over
- Add the remaining ingredients, bring to the boil, then cover and place in the oven. Cook for 1 ½ – 2 hours until the meat is tender.