We did have some oat bran in the back of the cupboard… and… well… Thats about the same consistency… right? So…. heres my amended, but still absolutely gorgeous ‘butter cookie’ recipe.
- 250g flour
- 100g butter (softened)
- 50g oat bran (healthier than ground almonds anyway… and awesome for cholesterol)
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g sugar
- jam or lemon curd
- a few tblsp of milk if needed to make mix into a dough like consistency
- Mix ingredients into a dough and knead well
- Add as much milk as it takes (little by little) to make a decent and roll-able dough
- roll into balls and place on well greased/ floured tray
- press thumb into ball to make into a cookie shape with a well in the centre
- fill well with jam… in my case each cookie took about a third of a teaspoon of mixed fruit jam/ lemon curd
- bake at Gas Mark 4 for 20 to 30 minutes… until just turning golden
REMEMBER: DON’T BAKE BISCUITS UNTIL HARD…. just until golden…. they’ll firm up as they cool!