I say shapes rather than men because all but two of my cutters seem to have gone walkabouts… I’m left with a cat and the letter Y. So cats it was. These might make an interesting idea for Halloween with a little icing on top. The picture below was taken AFTER everyone had to have a ‘taste’ sample of the biscuits.
- 2oz sugar OR golden syrup
- 2oz margarine
- 8oz plain flour
- Half a tsp of mixed spice
- 2 level tsp ground ginger
- a couple of drops of Lemon essence
- 1 level tsp bicarb/ baking soda
- 1 tbsp tepid water
- 1 egg
- Melt the sugar or syrup in a pan with the margarine, then pour this into a bowl
- add some of the flour, the spices and lemon essence, stir well
- Dissolve the bicarb/ soda in the tepid water and add to the mixture gradually stirring in more flour.
- Turn the mixture out onto a well floured board and knead in the rest of the flour.
- Now you can either make your shapes by hand or cut them out
- place on a well floured baking tray and bake in a well heated oven at GM4 for 20 minutes
- Leave to cool and store in airtight container.