This was particularly nice with home made bread…. nicer still since I have a stinking cold 😛
- 450g/ 1lb haricot soup
- 1 onion
- 2 small potatoes
- 1.1 litres/ 2 pints of vegetable stock or water
- 150ml/ 1/4 pint of milk (optional… I used about half of this)
- Wash the beans and soak overnight in cold water
- Put into a pan with the stock and the water they were soaked in.
- Let it come to the boil. Skim.
- Wash peel and slice the vegetables and add.
- Simmer all gently for two hours or till the beans are tender
- Rub all through a sieve
- Add the milk and return to the pan and boil
- Season and serve.