This recipe is for a good batch of 16 nicely sized brownies… however the recipe can easily be halved to cut down on rations… or calories 🙂
However after Master N was unable to eat sweet things last week (due to unknown problem with his teeth/ gum… now sorted) we did promise him he could choose tonight’s pudding. Poor little lad has some awfully BIG teeth coming through and they’re causing no end of trouble. Sadly we all went through this and there’s nothing to be done but hug a hot water bottle and eat a decadent brownie.
- 250g plain flour
- 200g sugar
- 65g plain cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a good half a tsp salt
- 250ml water
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- Spread evenly in a well greased baking tin.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
We melted a little bit of chocolate and spread it on top… but these are gorgeous just plain.
There are no doubt numerous ways to cut down the calories (well worth the experiment nudge nudge wink wink) but we were content just to enjoy our well deserved pudding guilt free.