This was so good, I even had the leftovers for lunch…
- 1 lb mixed vegetables (carrots, turnips, parsnips etc)
- 1/4 lb steak… original recipe called for stewing but I used sliced quick fry steaks
- 1 level tbsp flour or oatmeal
- salt and pepper
- 1 knob of margarine or dripping
- Wash and cut up the vegetables.
- Cut the meat into small pieces and dip into the flour, salt and pepper mixed together.
- Heat the fat in a large saucepan, brown the meat on both sides, take it out, and put in layer of vegetables.
- Put back the meat and cover with the rest of the vegetables. Add boiling water to cover.
- Put on the pan lid and simmer for 2 hours.
- Put in scrubbed potatoes half an hour before serving.