This is gorgeous… even better with some home made chocolate sauce covering it… or just with it #NotJudging
- 1 oz margarine
- 2 oz sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 oz grated raw potato
- 6 oz flour
- 1 oz cocoa (original recipe called for Bournville Cocoa… but I find that a bit bitter)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch salt
- 4 tbsp milk
- Cream fat and sugar together.
- Mix the egg with the raw potato and beat it into the fat and sugar.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together and add to the creamed mixture, then stir in enough milk to make a soft dough.
- Put into a greased pudding basin and steam for 1 hour or bake in a pie dies in the oven 30 to 40 minutes.