- 3/4 to 1 pint of water, in which lentils soaked
- 2 oz chopped leek
- 3/4 lb chopped root vegetables and cabbage
- 4 oz lentils (soaked over night)
- 2 oz minced meat
- 1/2 tsp meat or vegetable extract
- salt and pepper
- Shortcrust pastry
- Bring water to boil and add leek, vegetables, lentils, meat extract and seasoning.
- Put on pan lid, cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stir to prevent sticking.
- Make or unwrap pastry shape into a round, place on top of the meat, vegetables etc and replace lid. Cook for a further 15 – 20 minutes.
- Lift pastry with a slice, slide meat etc into a dish, put pastry on top, sprinkle with chopped parsley and mint.Serve with mashed potatoes and watercress