The liver was really sweet and creamy… not bad for 40p.
- 400g – 500g Liver, cut into strips
- 1 packet (about 200g or so) Bacon (I used streaky to be extra frugal), cut into chunks
- Onions, 2 to 3 reasonable side onions roughly chopped/ sliced
- Potatoes, enough to cover the meat, sliced
- Stock, any kind but I used chicken stock
- Line a pan (preferably with sides so no dripping), with foil… with enough to cover the parcel
- Place liver on the foil… the bottom layer
- Cover the liver with your onion, then chopped bacon and finally the slices of potato
- You can cover some fresh thyme as well….but this is optional.
- Cover the meat and veg in stock… about 8 table spoons of.
- Cover with the foil and cook on Gas Mark 4 for 45 – 50 minutes… or until potatoes are tender.