This recipe isn’t just cheap but REALLY easy to make. If you wanted to get a bit more creative with the kids you can cut out shapes with the pastry…. why just make round tops? I used some little oven proof ramekins to make handy individual portions… also good if there are some leftover as they’re small and easy to freeze/ store.
Okay first of all I call them my wellies because its not EXACTLY proper Beef Wellington. Just a thrifty approximation… especially thrifty as I bought the entire roll of puff pastry for 85p last week. (bought 2 and froze them)
We cant afford a great big slab of meat… price wise or ration wise. ALDI does however sell some DELICIOUS diced British beef (400g),so…
- 400g diced beef
- onion, sliced
- puff pastry
- a good couple of handfuls of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 to 3 slices of bread, crumbed
- Add either a bit of oil or lard to a sturdy pan. Once dancing hot add the onion and brown of a bit until the edges begin to turn gold.
- Add the beef and seal the meat.
- Add the crushed stock cube and a little water (or home made stock)
- Let the meat/ onions etc cook for a few minutes adding hot water to create a sort of gravy…
View original post 203 more words