This is gorgeous and makes a MAHooosive cake…. which I’ve sealed in an airtight container. If sealed correctly this should last a while…. um…. if we don’t finish it first.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 good cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 good pinch salt
- Mix flour, sugar and chopped walnuts together.
- Add salt and baking powder, and then the milk.
- It should be slightly wetter than an ordinary cake mixture.
- Pour into a greased cake tin and leave to rise for 10 minutes.
- Bake in a slow oven until risen and brown