I’m not sure why I was so surprised by this recipe. I think I thought tortillas looked difficult…. but they we’re in realitym easy and quick….. and although there were none left to freeze and store… quite honestly its probably easier to make them from scratch that it is to defrost and heat some up.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Rub in the lard with your fingers.
- Add the water and mix until the dough comes together; place on a lightly floured surface and knead a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Divide the dough into 24 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Preheat a large skille/pant over medium-high heat.
- Use a well-floured rolling pin to roll a dough…
View original post 59 more words