- Sortcrust pastry (homemade or ready roll)
- 2 tbsp jam
- 2oz margarine
- 2oz sugar
- 1tsp almond essence
- 1 egg
- 2oz self-raising flour or plain flour with 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2oz soft breadcrumbs
- 2oz soya flour
- 2 tbsp milk
- Line a flan ring on a baking sheet or a pie plateor sandwich tin.
- Spread with the jam.
- Cream the margarine, sugar and essence together; beat the egg then add the flour or sifted flour and baking powder and remaining ingredients.
- Bake in the centre of a moderately hot oven for 35 minutes or until firm, reduce the heat slightly towards the end of the cooking time if the pastry or filling is becoming too brown.
- Serve hot or cold.