I admit this doesn’t sound too appetising… vinegar, for me, is something you put on your chips and fish…. but the outcome (and admittedly the raw mix) is surprisingly tasty (well someone has to lick the bowl).
- 6oz self-raising flour (shows the value of reading the recipe in full first… because I misread this and used plain flour… oh the cake was all right but only an inch high)
- 3oz margarine
- 3oz sugar
- 1/4 pint of milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 3 to 4oz mixed dried fruit (I used some leftover currants, raisins and a few chopped dried apricots)
- Sift the flour, cream the margarine and sugar.
- Pour the milk into a large basin, add the vinegar and bicarb… the mix may rise and froth in the basin… or appear to do nothing but thicken/ curdle slightly
- Blend the flour and vinegar liquid into the creamed margarine and sugar…
View original post 54 more words